- 2 racks pork back ribs (about 4 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (OR to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (OR to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (OR to taste)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a broiler pan with a sheet of foil, top with the broiler rack, and coat evenly with cooking spray. Salt and pepper ribs on both sides. Place ribs meaty side up on broiler rack and bake, uncovered, for 4 1/2 hours, or until very tender, basting both sides with 3/4 cup of the sauce after 2 hours, leaving the meaty side up after basting. At the end of the cooking time, baste both sides with remaining 3/4 cup sauce and cook 10 minutes longer.