- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage (cut into strips)
- 3 cups beef stock (divided)
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 2/3 pounds waxy potatoes (peeled and halved)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1 1/2 cups milk (divided)
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons preserves (lingonberry, or cranberry)
- 2 stalks parsley (chopped)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions for 2-3 mins. Add the cabbage and cook for another 3-4 mins. Add 1 1/4 cups of stock and cumin. Season to taste, cover and simmer for 15-20 mins. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 mins.
- Knead the ground beef with the potato starch then gradually stir in 2/3 cup of milk. Add the ginger and nutmeg and season to taste. Shape the ground beef mixture into 12 meatballs. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs on each side for 2-3 mins. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer the meatballs over medium heat for about 10 mins.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Cook while stirring for 2-3 mins then whisk in 1 2/3 cups of stock and 3/4 cup of milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Season to taste and simmer for 5 mins. Serve the meatballs with the sauce, vegetables, potatoes and berries. Sprinkle the potatoes with parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories720Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.