If you are trying to find the best way to serve up that salmon you just bought, you might want to give one of these delicious dishes a try. This recipe for Nordic or Italian Salmon Croquettes with Sundried Tomatoes gives you two options for possible toppings for your salmon. Either way you decide to cook it up, you will guarantee a healthy and flavorful dish that everyone will enjoy.
- fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- 5 semi-dried tomatoes (or preserved)
- 400 grams salmon fillet (without skin)
- 1 egg
- 30 grams toasted pine nuts
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- breadcrumbs (large)
- olive oil
- fresh dill (to taste)
- 1 lemon (zest)
- Italian Croquettes Preparation:
- Grind a few basil leaves in the mixer bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, salmon, egg, and pine nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You will get a thick dough. Pour it onto a plate.
- In another plate, put the breadcrumbs.
- With a tablespoon, form balls of dough and roll them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a frying pan
- Cook on a medium-low heat, turning them over to cook both sides, for 10 minutes.
- To serve sprinkle, with basil and roasted pine nuts.
- For the Nordic Croquette Preparation:
- Mix dill, lemon zest, salmon, egg, tomatoes, pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
- Form the balls and roll in breadcrumbs as instructed above.
- Fry in butter.
- Serve with a baby spinach salad.