If you want to make the perfect palate pleasing appetizer that will not only show off your culinary skills, but also create a crowd frenzy, then try this recipe for Nordic Smoked Salmon and Dill Shortbread. These decadent hand held treats are flavorful and hearty. Be sure you make enough for everyone to enjoy. Stop by the store and pick up these tasty ingredients so you can whip up a batch of these delicious shortbreads the next time you are invited to a dinner party.
- 2 salmon slices (medium-sized)
- 210 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams softened butter
- 3 sprigs fresh dill (chopped)
- poppy seeds
- Cut the salmon into small pieces and set aside.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and place in a bowl along with the flour and salt.
- Knead well with your fingertips until you get large crumbs.
- Add salmon and dill.
- Gradually, add 75 millimeters water, and knead the dough quickly into a ball.
- On a floured surface, flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Reshape the ball and repeat the previous step once more.
- Form a large dough sausage 5 centimeters thick, wrap it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Sprinkle poppy-seeds on a floured work surfasce.
- Roll the dough while pressing gently so the seeds stick to the dough.
- Cut out 1/2 centimeter thick cookies.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.