Nopal cactus provides texture, nutrition and taste to many traditional Mexican dishes. This Nopales/Chopped Prickly Pear Pads recipe combines six ingredients for a flavorful and decadent dish that everyone will enjoy. . Have this as a side dish with your favorite meat, as a snack in the afternoon, or as a light lunch. Any way you have it, taste buds will thank you. We hope you love this dish as much as we do.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 nopales (sliced into strips)
- 1/2 onion (peeled and minced, optional)
- 1/2 tomato (diced, optional)
- ground black pepper
- Place a frying pan on the stove at medium heat, add the oil and nopales. Saute until the nopales begin to let out liquid. Mix everything well until the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes.
- Add the tomato and onion and continue stirring until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and serve.