This Asian style noodle dish is best prepared in a wok, but a large, deep skillet will also do the job. To make it, turkey strips are briefly browned and then coated with soy sauce, then removed from the pan to allow all the vegetables (bell pepper,…
green peas, carrot, and broccoli florets) to be stir-fried before becoming a "sauce" with the addition of chicken broth and a little cornstarch, as a thickener.
- 2 egg (plates of, noddles)
- 3 turkey steaks (cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons soy oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 50 peas (grs of, I used frozen)
- 1 carrot (coarsely grated)
- 100 broccoli rosettes (grs of)
- 100 bamboo (grs of, I used the canned variety)
- 100 soy beans (grs of, I used the canned variety)
- 200 milliliters chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- salt (to taste)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- Heat the wok, add the soy oil and fry the turkey strips.
- In the middle of the frying process add soy sauce.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Turn on the heat again and add the peppers, the peas, the carrot and the broccoli.
- Stir-fry vegetables until they are tender and if necessary add more soy sauce.
- Add bamboo and soya bean and fry well.
- Bake the noddles in boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and mix with the vegetables.
- Separately mix the chicken broth with the cornstarch and add to the previous mixture.
- Heat and mix the broth.
- Seasonin with salt and chili.
- The broth makes all the difference, but skip this part when you don't have chicken broth.