Embrace the flavors of Vietnamese cuisine with this tasty recipe for Noodles Soup. Made with plenty of noodles and a variety of mushrooms and vegetables, this Noodles Soup features a sweet and savory broth full of robust flavor. Lemongrass and coriander add a coolness to each bite while roasted peanuts add a bit of a crunch. Ready in less than an hour, this soup both smells and tastes delicious. This recipe makes enough soup for 4 servings.
- 4 servings
- 1 liter water
- ground black pepper
- 10 pepper (grains pink)
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass (sliced )
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander
- 30 grams dried mushrooms
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 turnip (Chinese raw)
- 1/3 lemon (unpeeled)
- roasted peanuts (to taste)
- 150 grams mushrooms (white bunashimesji)
- 100 grams enoki mushrooms
- 200 grams noodles (thin, dried)
- fresh coriander (for garnish)
- In a saucepan, add water with salt (careful not to put too much because the sauces are salty already), peppers, fish sauce, soy sauces, sugar, lemongrass, coriander (stems included), dried mushrooms, and tomatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces. Cook and simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- While the pot boils, start preparing the raw ingredients. Cut the carrot and turnip in thin slices (julienne), cut the lemon in very thin slices and then into small pieces (without peeling), and shelling peanuts. Set everything aside. Remove the mushrooms stems with traces of soil, and thoroughly wipe with a dry cloth (do not wash).
- Once the broth is well established, and has a fantastic aroma, remove from the heat.
- Add the noodles, and stir a bit to separate. About 3 minutes later, add the mushrooms and let stand for about 3 minutes, and finally, before serving, add the carrot and turnip. Sprinkle with more fresh coriander, lemon, and peanuts to give it a crunchy taste.
|Calories260Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.