- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage (sweet or spicy lean, removed from casings, about 2 links)
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped, 1/2 cup)
- 23 ounces RAGU Homestyle Thick & Hearty Four Cheese Sauce
- 4 medium zucchini (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces shredded part skim mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 4-5 min. or until no longer pink, breaking up any large pieces. Add onions; cook 2-3 min. or until translucent, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in sauce. Cool slightly.
- Cut stems off zucchini and slice lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick planks to yield about 15 slices. Working in batches, place zucchini slices in single layer on microwaveable plate lined with a double layer of paper towels. Microwave on HIGH 2 min.; pat dry.
- Combine Ricotta, Parmesan, egg, oregano and 1 cup shredded cheese in bowl until well blended.
- Arrange 5 zucchini slices on bottom of 8x8-inch baking pan. Top with half the cheese mixture and 1 cup sauce mixture; repeat layers. Top with remaining zucchini, sauce and shredded cheese. Cover tightly.
- Bake 30 min. or until edges begin to bubble. Uncover and broil 3-5 min. or until cheese is golden brown.