Baking fresh sausages is a spatter free way to cook them, and you can do this with aromatics and other seasonings to infuse them with even more flavor. In this recipe, the sausages are arranged in a single layer on a bed of very thinly sliced onions, chopped garlic, and bay leaves, then sprinkled with a bit of salt and sweet paprika, drizzled with olive oil and white wine, and then tucked into the hot oven.
- 400 grams noodle (with olive "Milaneza")
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 6 anchovy fillets (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon capers (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato soup (concentrated)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 roasted red peppers (cut into strips)
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 200 milliliters pasta cooking water
- 1 goat cheese (cut into cubes)
- fresh thyme leaves (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until "al dente."
- As pasta cooks, heat a large skillet with olive oil. Add the anchovies, capers and concentrated tomato soup. Let cook until the anchovies dissolve.
- Add the oregano, peppers and whole cherry tomatoes. Stir well and add 200 ml of boiling pasta water.
- Let boil until the tomatoes break down a bit.
- Season with a little salt, keeping in mind the anchovies contain a lot of salt.
- Drain the pasta and mix into the sauce.
- Add the goat cheese and garnish with fresh thyme leaves. Serve immediately.