- 14 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 9 ounces ground pork
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 egg (lightly whisked)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 10 ounces chicken breast (trimmed)
- 8 shrimp (medium raw, peeled, deveined)
- 3/4 cup napa cabbage (shredded)
- 1 large carrot (peeled, cut into matchsticks)
- 1 piece fresh ginger (cut into matchsticks)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1 red chili (fresh long, thinly sliced diagonally)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Soak vermicelli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Using a fork, separate strands. Drain well. Using kitchen scissors, snip into short lengths. Place in large, deep serving bowls.
- Meanwhile, combine the ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic and five-spice powder in a medium bowl. Roll into12 balls. Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat. Cook and turn meatballs for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Transfer meatballs to a plate. Let pan cool and wipe clean. Place the stock in the pan and bring to a boil over moderately high heat.
- Add chicken and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate. Cover with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Shred.
- Add the prawns, Napa cabbage, carrot and ginger to stock. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until prawns curl and change color. Stir in soy sauce and chicken. Season with salt.
- Ladle hot soup over noodles in bowls. Top with meatballs, green onions, chilies, and cilantro. Serve at once.
|Calories790Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.