- 2 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggplants (medium, about 3 lbs., peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 12 oz)
- 2 jars ragu old world style pasta sauc
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine bread crumbs with 1 cup Parmesan cheese in large shallow casserole. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture. Arrange eggplant slices in single layer on lightly oiled baking sheets. Spray eggplant, if desired, with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 25 minutes or until eggplant is golden.
- Evenly spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 4-quart (15 x 10 x 2-inch) baking dish. Layer 1/2 of the baked eggplant slices, then 1-1/2 cups Sauce, and 1/2 of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; repeat, reserving the mozzarella and using all of the remaining Sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil, then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
Anna P. 6 Aug 2015
This was EXCELLENT! We grew a bunch of Japanese eggplant so I had PLENTY! I used Pepperidge Farm Herbed stuffing and added Italian spices and blended till finely chopped. I had fancy shredded Parmesan instead of the finely grated which would have been better I think with the bread crumbs but I used what I had. I didn't have any of the spray olive oil which I think would have made the browning time in the oven faster. I used Classico Tomato Basil Pasta sauce and I also put fresh basil from the garden in it. It took me a little longer than I expected but now that I know how I think it would go faster. It was definitely worth the trouble! DELICIOUS!