Sometimes the appetizer or snack is the best part of a dinner or evening. If you want to make an appetizer that can also be served as the dinner bread, then this recipe for No Knead Baguette is so decadent and delicious that you will want them with every meal. The buttery scone is packed with palate pleasing grated parmesan cheese, chopped green olives and aromatic rosemary for a treat that is out of this world.
- 380 milliliters water
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baker's yeast
- 500 grams flour (or pastry flour)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Heat 80 milliliters of water in the microwave to lukewarm.
- In a bowl, mix the yeast and the lukewarm water.
- Mix and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and add the salt.
- Heat the remaining water, 300 milliliters, for 30 seconds only.
- Dig a crater in the center of the flour and gradually pour in water and yeast.
- Mix the dough with a wooden spatula. This is a very sticky dough.
- Once you get a more or less smooth dough, place it in a bowl and cover it with a clean cloth. Let rise for 1 1/2 hours at room temperature.
- The dough will double in volume.
- Flour a work surface generously.
- Punch the dough to remove excess gas and divide it in 2 pieces. Handle the dough as little as possible.
- Place the pieces of dough on the floured work surface, and gently shape the baguettes.
- Place the baguettes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a towel and let them rise for another 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 460 F.
- Fill a small pan with water and place it at the bottom of the oven.
- Brush each baguette with a water.
- Score the top of the baguettes with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes.