This fruit lovers dessert combines the mild flavors of pomegranate, kiwi, and mango with chocolate meringue, sweetened to perfection. The bright colors will have you asking if you shouldn’t display this work of art instead of eating it. Use this creation to draw rave reviews and bolster your standing within your sphere of influence. Plan on spending a good hour and a half, with a lot of mixing and whisking, to build this beauty.
- 6 egg whites
- 300 grams granulated sugar
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 500 milliliters heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 kiwi
- 1 mango
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and keep beating until glossy.
- Add cocoa and vinegar and whisk quickly to incorporate the cocoa.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, oil it and place the meringue in the middle.
- With a spatula make a well at the center of the meringue.
- Lower the oven temperature to 130 C and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wait for about 10 minutes before placing it on the serving dish.
- 30 minutes before serving, whip the cream until stiff, adding the confectioner's sugar.
- Place the cream in the center of the meringue, letting it overflow a bit on the sides.
- Cut the kiwi, and mango, and seed the pomegranate.
- Decorate the pavlova, with the fruit and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
|Calories520Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.