- 8 ounces graham cracker (15 4 3/4 x 2 1/2-inch sheets of graham cracker; yes, I am crazy enough to both count and measure finely ground, or cookies such as chocolate or vanilla wafers)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick or 4 ounces or 113 grams, melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each, softened, Philadelphia is recommended for cheesecakes but if you’ve had success with other brands, feel free to use them again)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (finely)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (finely grated)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces sour cherries (or sweet, pitted, they’re not in season here so I used frozen; worked just fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
PER SERVING *
|Calories1040Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat590|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Erin Autrey 4 Jul
If I’m being honest with you guys, I’d have to admit that I cut the cream cheese to 2/5 and improvised the rest of it to sort of match. It worked out really well but the top of my crust burned a bit. Oh, well. I just trimmed it off and now it’s just fine.
Yesenia🌈❣️ 21 May
Everyone loved it ❗️😋
Roger S. 16 May
Delicious! My wife said the best she ever had!
Armen Keledjian 28 Dec 2017
Get ready for compliments. I still get compliments three years later from my New York cheesecake.
Sharon F. 27 Nov 2017
Fab. Totally loved it 👍
Tamara Krupka 27 Jun 2017
Omg amazing recipe the best by far!
Laura L. 24 May 2017
All my friends said this was the best cheesecake they ever tasted, and many of them are quite good cooks. I loved it too, but I didn't like the cherry topping. No one else complained, but I thought it was just too sweet.
Meurig S. 24 May 2017
Delicious. Wouldn't change a thing. Thanks
Sania K. 2 Apr 2016
This chhesecake presents very well and it tastes wonderful! I would reduce the sugar in the cheese next time but my guests had no complaint. It was a hit!
K5 F. 27 Feb 2016
Beautiful And it was a hit with my family The cheesecake connoisseurs! Our new family tradition has begun.