Using heavy cream instead of sour cream in the batter makes this one of the richest and smoothest New York style cheesecakes you'll ever eat. Plan ahead - this cheesecake needs at least 6 hours to chill before serving. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- butter (softened)
- 8 oz. graham crackers (8 oz. is 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for crust)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 lb. brick-style cream cheese (room temperature, for filling)
- 1 1/8 cups granulated sugar (for filling)
- 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (for filling)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (for filling)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for filling)
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest (fresh)
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 3 oz. brick-style cream cheese (room temperature, for topping)
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar (for topping)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (for topping)
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract (for topping)
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Lightly grease the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan with softened butter.
- Cut a circle of parchment paper 9 inches in diameter and lay the circle on the bottom of the spring form pan.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories450Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes