New York Pork Chops with Peaches and Chipotle-Corn Mashed PotatoesPork
- 24 ounces New York pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes (OR russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 ear corn husks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick cut into 2 or 3 pieces)
- 1/2 chipotle chile (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or more to taste, minced*)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (OR other neutral-flavored oil)
- 2 peaches (ripe, cut into large bite-sized pieces)
- 2 basil leaves (large, torn)
- 2 mint leaves (large, torn)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- freshly ground pepper (optional)
- 1Using paper towels, pat chops dry. Season generously with salt and pepper and set aside for at least 15 minutes, up to an hour.
- 2 Meanwhile, make the potatoes: Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until very tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 3 While potatoes are cooking, cook corn: place corn over medium heat on a gas stovetop, directly on the grate over the burner. Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, about 5 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to handle, then cut kernels from cob.
- 4 Drain potatoes, return to the saucepan, and mash to desired consistency. Stir in corn, cream, butter and chipotle. Season with salt. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- 5 Make the pork and peaches: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat canola oil. Add pork and cook until the internal temperature is 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium), about 4 minutes per side. Remove pork from the skillet and let rest for 3 minutes.
- 6 Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine peaches, basil, mint, olive oil, sugar, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, ideally freshly ground. Set aside 5 minutes. Arrange potatoes on plates. Top with pork and peaches, drizzle with any accumulated peach juices, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.