New York CheesecakeCasseroles et claviers
Spiced speculoos cookies are the perfect base for this cheesecake. The cookies are loaded with flavor and are a lovely contrast to the tart cheesecake filling. The cream cheese based filling is accented with lemon zest which adds an extra bit of tartness to the dessert. The cold cheesecake can be served as is, or you can add fresh fruit, chocolate, or a caramel sauce over the top to make it even more decadent.
- 125 grams biscuits (Speculoos)
- 80 grams melted butter
- 600 grams cream cheese
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- cream (20 cl. liquid)
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1The cheesecake should be prepared the day before because it must rest in the refrigerator.
- 2It is also important that all ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 4Crush the biscuits into a coarse powder.
- 5Mix this powder with the melted butter.
- 6In a buttered mold (ideally one with a removable bottom), pack the bottom with butter and biscuit mix.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes on 450 F.
- 8Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cheese for one to two minutes, until smooth.
- 9Then turn the mixer on low speed and gradually add the sugar, then the flour, lemon zest, and finally the eggs (one by one) and the egg yolk.
- 10In another bowl, whisk the cream until it becomes frothy.
- 11Still using the mixer on slow speed, add the cream to the flour mixture.
- 12Stop whisking when the mixture is smooth, do not overmix, the mixture should be fluffy.
- 13Grease the sides of the pan again.
- 14Pour the mixture into the pan and put in the oven.
- 15After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 F and cook for 30 minutes.
- 16Turn the oven off.
- 17Leave the oven door slightly ajar, and cool the cheesecake inside for 2 hours.
- 18Refrigerate overnight.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1100Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.