The potatoes can be cooked ahead of time then quickly fixed just before serving. The smokiness of the bacon and the bite of blue cheese dresses up this potato salad from the standard deli fare. Serve with Spicy Cured Pork Loin or Cajun-Style Spiced Pork Chops.
- 10 small new potatoes (boiled until tender)
- 3 slices bacon (diced)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach leaves (cleaned and trimmed)
- 2 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- Quarter potatoes into large bowl, set aside. In medium skillet, fry bacon until slightly crisp. Add onions; cook and stir until onions are wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in pecans; cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat; stir in garlic, vinegar, oil, sugar and pepper. Pour mixture over potatoes and toss well. Just before serving, toss potatoes, spinach leaves and blue cheese in attractive serving bowl. Serve immediately.