Nectarine and Blueberry GaletteAnanás e Hortelã
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100 grams butter (cold)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 nectarines
- 150 grams blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 50 grams sugar (more for sprinkling)
- 20 grams melted butter (for brushing)
- 1For the pastry, pour out the flour and salt on a clean surface, making a well in the center. Cut up the butter into cubes and place in the well, along with the egg yolk, sugar and water. Mix it with your fingers, eventually forming it into a ball, and knead. Add more water if too dry and more flour if too sticky. Knead well for a few minutes until smooth. Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- 3Prepare the filling by quartering and pitting the nectarines (without peeling). Cut into slices, but not too thin. Combine in a bowl with the blueberries, flour and sugar, and mix well.
- 4Remove the dough from the refrigerator, sprinkle the working surface with flour and stretch the dough into a thin circle, about 30 cm in diameter. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet.
- 5Place the fruit filling in the center, leaving a margin of 5 cm all around the edges. Fold the edges inward. Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle the pie with sugar to taste.
- 6Bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until the dough becomes golden-brown.
- 7Serve warm or cold. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or a scoop of vanilla ice cream, as desired.