- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 3/4 sticks butter (chilled and diced)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon zest (only)
- 14 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey (plus extra for drizzling)
- 1 2/3 pounds nectarines (ripe, halved, stoned and sliced)
- 1 medium egg (beaten, to glaze)
- To make the pastry, place the flour in a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and half the lemon zest then stir in 2-3 tbsp ice cold water and mix to a firm dough. Knead briefly until smooth then shape to a flattened round, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30-40 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat up. Roll out half the dough on a lightly floured surface to an 11 inch circle and place in a 9 inch round pie dish, allowing the excess pastry to hang over the edge of the dish.
- Mix the cheese and honey together and spread in the base of the pastry-lined dish. Top with the sliced nectarines and sprinkle over the rest of the lemon zest. Roll out the rest of the pastry to a 8 x 16 inch rectangle and cut into diamond and triangle shapes. Brush the shapes on one side with a little water and arrange over the top of the filling to almost cover it completely - leave a small open circle in the center of the pie. Glaze the pastry with beaten egg and bake on the hot baking sheet for 45-50 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden. Drizzle with honey just before serving, if liked.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.