You are not likely to find nectarine jam at the grocery store, making it an excellent fruit to use in putting up your own. This jam has the added benefit of being spiced wtih crushed whole cardamom pods (they need to be opened up a bit to allow their flavor to infuse) and spiked with liquor (which could be omitted if desired). If you plan to store this, you'll need to process the filled jars according the manufacturer's instructions.
- 500 nectarines (grs of, peeled and pitted and diced)
- 200 caster sugar
- 3 cardamom pods (slightly open)
- 1 glass Pennyroyal liqueur
- Place all ingredients in a small pan.
- Cook on a low heat until it it forms a fine thread.
- Place a small amount of jam on a plate.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
- Let it cool for a little and put in a sterilized jar until it's filled.
- Cover and turn around for a few minutes to create natural vacuum.