- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup luke warm water (95 - 100°F)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce (prepared)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
- 580 grams roma tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1Mix honey, yeast and water in small bowl. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to lightly foam.
- 2Add flour and salt to bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Mini Stand Mixer. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 1 and mix about 1 minute. Stop mixer and add yeast mixture. Turn to Speed 4 and knead about 10 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Divide into two equal balls.
- 3Place each dough ball into separate medium bowls greased with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place about 1 to 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- 4Preheat oven to 550°F. Punch down dough, reshape into a ball, and transfer to clean work surface. Cover each dough ball with damp paper towels and let rest 30 to 60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 5Stretch each dough ball into 12-inch circle. Transfer to inverted baking sheets. Top each crust with ½ cup tomato sauce, half the cheese and 1 sliced tomato. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is nicely browned. Remove from oven and top each pizza with ¼ cup fresh basil before slicing.