If you are in the mood to cook, we have just the recipe for you! Try our Neapolitan Pastiera. This dish is an Italian tradition and absolutely delicious! You will just die over the flavor. It is not the most healthy choice but it is packed with flavor. We recommend you being an intermedate level cook to make this meal as it has multiple steps and can be complex. Let us know how it goes!
- 500 grams flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 200 grams lard (or butter)
- grated lemon peel
- 300 grams wheat (cooked)
- 400 milliliters milk
- 1 tablespoon lard (or butter)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400 grams ricotta cheese (sheep)
- 300 grams sugar
- 5 eggs (Beat 3 of the egg whites to stiff peaks)
- 50 grams orange blossom water
- 2 lemons
- 150 grams citron
- 150 grams powdered sugar
- Place the cooked wheat in a saucepan with the milk, lard, and the tablespoon of sugar, and cook on low heat until creamy.
- Cool the mixture completely.
- Place the ricotta cheese in a bowl and cream it with a wooden spoon.
- Add the 300 grams of sugar and continue to mix.
- Add the 5 egg yolks and 3 egg whites.
- Add the grated peel of 1 lemon, the extract, and the candied fruit.
- Add the cooked wheat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll out the pie crust to a 3 millimeter thickness and line a buttered and floured pie plate.
- Add the filling and with the remaining pie crust prepare strips of dough.
- Place the strips of dough on the pie in a lattice pattern.
- Bake at 150C for two hours.
- Let the pie cool in the oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- The pie should be served after 3 days.
|Calories2260Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat730|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.