Make a Cajun-style social call with this Johnsonville creation! This low country boil is great for feeding lots of people with delicious ingredients and flavors. This dish brings together red potatoes, shrimp, sweet corn, lemon and Johnsonville’s Andouille Cooking Sausage for a grand stock pot celebration! The ingredients give you an authentic Cajun experience, with the sausage providing the extra flavor boost to make this meal truly memorable.
- 27 ounces Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage (2 packages, cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 4 pounds Klondike Gourmet® mini potatoes (scrubbed)
- 5 quarts water
- 3 ounces shrimp and crab boil seasoning (1 bag)
- 5 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 6 ears sweet corn (husks removed and cut in half)
- 4 pounds jumbo shrimp (16-20 count per pound, peeled, deveined and tails intact)
- In a large stock pot, bring water and seasonings to a boil over high heat.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the boiling liquid.
- Add the squeezed lemon rinds to the cooking liquid.
- Carefully add potatoes to the pot and cook 6-8 or until almost tender.
- Add corn and return to boil.
- Reduce heat, add sausage and simmer 3 to 4 longer.
- Add shrimp and boil until shrimp are opaque and pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon or tongs, remove potatoes, corn, sausage and shrimp to a large platter.
- Ladle cooking liquid over the platter to moisten all the ingredients.
- Serve with additional Louisiana Hot Sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, and lemon wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.