Navy Bean SoupO Meu Tempero
Soups are a good choice for what to make for dinner, since they usually don't take too long to reach their flavor peak (unlike longer cooking stews) and perhaps only need some crusty bread or a simple salad to round out the meal. Soups are also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your daily routine. In this recipe, navy beans are combined with potato, carrots, turnip, and Savoy cabbage.
- 2 liters water
- 400 grams navy beans (cooked)
- 1 medium potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 turnips (large)
- 6 leaves savoy cabbage
- 1 sausages
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil
- 1In a large pan, heat water, a little more than half of beans, sausage and potatoes.
- 2Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are knife-tender.
- 3Turn off heat. Remove sausage and set aside.
- 4Grind remaining beans and add to pan.
- 5Turn on heat and add chopped carrots, turnip and cabbage. Simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- 6Season with salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with sliced sausage.