Nantais Cake is a traditional and decadent cake that comes from France and is so flavorful and moist, you will crave it after it is gone. The best part of this dense and delicious cake is topped with a frosting that is packed with dark rum for a hearty flavor. If you want a cake that will call to you in the middle of the night because it is so good, then this is the one to try. Enjoy!
- 125 grams butter (softened)
- 150 grams sugar
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 1 pinch vanilla powder
- 3 eggs
- 40 grams flour
- dark rum (6 cl.)
- 80 grams confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cream the softened butter with the sugar. Stir in the ground almonds and vanilla powder. Then add the eggs 1 at a time. Gently mix in the flour and 2 centiliters of the rum.
- 3Pour the batter into a buttered cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes..
- 4Once the cake comes out of the oven, unmold it and sprinkle with 2 centiliters of rum.
- 5After the cake has cooled, combine the remaining 2 centiliters of rum with the confectioner's sugar and water. Frost the cake then let it rest in the fridge.