®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Nacho-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Pico de Gallo and Nacho SaucePORK
Nacho-Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Pico de Gallo and Nacho Sauce
- Make the Pico de Gallo: In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients for the pico de gallo and set aside to marinate.
- Meanwhile, make the Nacho Cheese Sauce: Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium. Whisk in the flour until the mixture is smooth. While whisking, slowly pour in the milk, and bring to a simmer. Cook, whisking occasionally until the sauce has thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, add in the cheese, hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and whisk until smooth. Set aside, covered, to keep warm.
- Make the Nacho-Crusted Pork Tenderloin: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lay out 3 wide bowls, the first with the flour, the next with the egg mixture, and the last bowl with the crushed tortilla chips mixed with the cilantro. Season each portion of pork with salt and pepper, then coat them with the flour, shaking off the excess, then dip it in the egg, followed by the tortilla chips. (Be sure to press the pork into the tortilla chips to get a thick coating.) Repeat process with each piece of pork.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a roasting rack and set it aside.
- Pour enough oil into a large skillet to reach a depth of 1/4 inch. Heat over medium-high heat and, working in 2 batches, cook the pork, turning once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes per batch. Transfer the pork to the roasting rack and bake until the internal temperature of the pork reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium) on a digital meat thermometer, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let the pork rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing into bite-size slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Serve alongside the pico de gallo and nacho sauce.