Naan is a classic Indian bread that is served alongside a variety of dishes. Traditionally, it is cooked in a large wood-fired oven but here it is made in your home oven so you can enjoy the delicious taste of this bread from your own kitchen. Try serving it with dahl or chana masala, where you can use the bread to soak up all the delicious flavors. You can also use this as a sandwich wrap, for a hearty and filling lunch!
- 300 grams self rising flour
- 6 grams fresh yeast
- 1 plain yogurt
- 80 grams warm water
- 6 grams salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except for the olive oil.
- 2Knead well.
- 3Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise until doubled in volume.
- 4Preheat oven to 120°C (approximately 250°F).
- 5Lightly flour a clean surface and knead dough.
- 6Divide dough into about 8 pieces.
- 7Flatten dough pieces with a rolling pin and roll out into circle or rectangle shapes, each about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch) thick.
- 8Bake on middle rack for about 4 minutes.
- 9Turn naan pieces and bake for and additional minute.
- 10Immediately brush naan with olive oil.