Naan is a classic Indian bread that is served alongside a variety of dishes. Traditionally, it is cooked in a large wood-fired oven but here it is made in your home oven so you can enjoy the delicious taste of this bread from your own kitchen. Try serving it with dahl or chana masala, where you can use the bread to soak up all the delicious flavors. You can also use this as a sandwich wrap, for a hearty and filling lunch!
- 300 grams self rising flour
- 6 grams fresh yeast
- 1 plain yogurt
- 80 grams warm water
- 6 grams salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, except for the olive oil.
- Knead well.
- Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise until doubled in volume.
- Preheat oven to 120°C (approximately 250°F).
- Lightly flour a clean surface and knead dough.
- Divide dough into about 8 pieces.
- Flatten dough pieces with a rolling pin and roll out into circle or rectangle shapes, each about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch) thick.
- Bake on middle rack for about 4 minutes.
- Turn naan pieces and bake for and additional minute.
- Immediately brush naan with olive oil.