- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 10 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a pan, mix water and sugar until there is no lump.
- Heat and wait until it boils then turn the heat to simmering mode.
- Simmer until the caramel is thick.
- Cool slightly and transfer to aluminum moulds.
- Mix well the egg yolk, condensed milk and evaporated milk by hand.
- Then add vanilla and lemon juice.
- Use wooden spatula and mix gently until well combined.
- Strain the mixture and gently pour on to the prepared moulds with caramel.
- Fill only until 3/4 of the moulder.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place the moulds on a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water.
- Bake at 350 or 180 for 1 hour.
- Cool and then set aside in the fridge.
- To serve: run a thin knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the Leche Flan. Place a platter on top of the mould and quickly turn upside down to position the golden brown caramel on top.