My First Christmas CookiesKooking
If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for My First Christmas Cookies is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 150 grams butter (soft)
- 75 grams powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams flour
- 50 grams almond flour
- 1 egg whites
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C (approximately 350°F.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy and gradually add sifted powdered sugar, while scraping down sides of bowl.
- 3Add vanilla.
- 4Stir in sifted wheat flour and salt. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 5Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to desired thickness.
- 6Cut out cookies in desired shapes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7Bake at 170°C (approximately 350°F) for about 12 minutes.
- 8Leave cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
- 9Cool completely before decorating.
- 10For the icing, with an electric mixer, beat white egg until it starts to foam and then add sifted powdered sugar for a toothpaste-like texture that will outline the cookies.
- 11To fill in outline, add a few drops of water to icing and brush over cookie to fill.
- 12Tint icing with food dye in any color, as desired.