Mustard-Herb Crusted Pork Loin Roast
Cook once and eat twice—serve half of this savory pork roast with steamed mixed baby vegetables and a wild rice pilaf for the first meal, and use the leftover roast for the Pork Cordon Bleu Sandwiches as a second meal.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place panko on large dinner plate; set aside. Pat surface of pork dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine egg yolk, mustard and thyme in pie plate. Roll pork roast in mustard mixture, spreading mixture evenly on surface. Then roll mustard-coated roast in panko, patting panko on roast to evenly cover.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, in heated oven for 30-45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted near center reads 145 degrees F. Loosely cover pork with foil. Let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer pork roast to carving board; Cut half of the pork roast into 1/2-inch-thick slices to serve. Cool remaining piece of roast at room temperature for up to 1 hour. Loosely cover and refrigerate for sandwiches.
- Serves 4 with leftovers for sandwiches.