- 4 New York pork chops (, top loin, 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups plum tomatoes (diced)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (halves packed in oil, drained and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- fresh basil (optional)
- In a medium bowl stir together plum tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped basil and cayenne; set aside salsa. In a small bowl combine mustard, honey and garlic. Rub mustard mixture over all surfaces of chops. Place chops on a kettle-style grill over medium-hot fire and grill for 4 minutes. Turn chops and grill for 4 minutes more or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Serve with tomato salsa.
- If desired, garnish with basil sprigs.