When corn and tomatoes are in season, fire up the grill for a perfect summer’s evening meal. Serve with buttered corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, Carolina Slaw and warm dinner rolls.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 3/4-inch thick)
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- In self-sealing plastic bag mix together mustard, sugar, bourbon and soy sauce; add chops, seal bag and toss to evenly coat chops. Refrigerate overnight, 4-24 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat; brush a little vegetable oil over the surface. Cook chops about 4 minutes on one side; turn and cook about 4 minutes more until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Julie & Rod 24 Jul
This was okay. We probably won't make it again.