- 1/2 pound italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 shallot (small, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 pounds mussels (scrubbed and debearded)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- focaccia bread (or Crusty)
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, crumble sausage into pan and cook 5-6 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and shallots to pan and cook 2-3 minutes longer. Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up bits and add tomatoes and pepper.
- Set the Smart Oven+ Attachment base pan with heating element and Steamer Water Basin Pan on the oven rack. Add 4 cups of water to Water Basin Pan; cover with Lid and place in the oven. Select STEAM mode and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Set Perforated Steamer Tray in Water Basin Pan and place skillet on it. Cover with Lid and steam 25 minutes until bubbly and flavors have developed. Remove Lid and nestle muscles in and around sausage and broth. Cover with Lid. Cook 10-12 minutes until the mussels have opened. Remove from Steamer and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread or focaccia for dipping.