Mussels With Tomato And CeleryO Meu Tempero
Mussels are a surprisingly affordable choice when it comes to planning weeknight dinners, but they are also special enough to serve to guests. When preparing mussels, you first need to give them a thorough cleaning, including rinsing them under cold water and pulling off the "beard" that juts out between the shells. Also, be sure to toss out any that remain open before cooking and any that remain closed after cooking.
- 1 kilogram mussels
- 2 tomatoes (chopped ripe, peeled)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 stalk celery (without the laminated leaves)
- 3 garlic cloves (laminate)
- 1 bay leaf
- olive oil (to taste)
- rock salt (to taste)
- 1 bunch chopped coriander (fresh)
- 1Wash well the mussels removing the "beard" and scraping the skin with the a knife.
- 2Make a stew with a bit of olive oil and add the tomato, the tomato paste, the celery stalk (remove the stem bark so the "wires" will be out), the garlic, the bay leaf and season with salt.
- 3Add the mussels and cook covered on medium heat until they are all opened.
- 4Sprinkle with coriander and serve it hot.