- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 15 ounces arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock (warmed)
- 7 ounces mussels (cooked, drained)
- 1 ounce grated parmesan cheese (plus extra shaved Parmesan to serve)
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- fresh parsley (to serve)
- crusty bread (to serve)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 mins, until tender. Add rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min. Add wine and cook, stirring, for 1 min, until absorbed. Add 1 cup hot stock. Stir continuously until liquid is completely absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 cup at a time, until rice is tender, about 20 mins. Add mussels and warm through.
- Remove from heat. Add Parmesan, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season. Set aside, covered, for 2 mins. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cook Street MusselsCooking On The Ranch.
Beer & Bacon Musselsthehouseofyum.com
Mussels in White Wine Sauce with Onions and Tomatoes - The appetizer that should be in every cook’s repertoire!Cooking Melangery
How To Make Steamed MusselsThe Kitchn
Mussels with Fennel and SaffronTaste
Mussels with Chorizo and Cherry TomatoesBig Girls Small Kitchen
Cooked MusselsEat Smarter
Bacon Beer MusselsChef Michael Smith
Gose Beer Steamed MusselsChews and Brews
Thai Red Curry MusselsThe Kitchn
Easy Steamed MusselsSpain Buddy
Steamed Mussels in White Wine BrothInspired Taste