- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion (sliced)
- 2 cloves (garlic minced)
- 1 ginger (x 5cm piece of, peeled and finely grated)
- 1 seeds (red chilli pepper, and pith removed, then chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek (ground)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (can of)
- 400 grams coconut milk
- 450 grams mushrooms (chestnut and portobello wiped clean and sliced thickly)
- 100 grams baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 coriander leaves (small handfull, to serve)
- lime wedges (to serve)
|Calories350Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
CosmoChick Ita 3 months ago
Delicious. I did let it simmer longer than it says for it to thicken (before adding the spinach) because I didn't use coconut milk (didn't have any) and used soy coffee cream instead. Also overloaded witb spinach and coriander because I wanted a lot of green. But honestly, loved it. Loved infusing the spices into the onions. The mushrooms turned out SO tender and soaked with flavour. Definitely in the keep list.
Cath. 4 months ago
So good so delicious
Janette F. 6 months ago
Its a quick and tasty dish.
Tiffany Pissano 7 months ago
Curtis Tallie a year ago
Turned out good didn’t get the same color like yours but the taste was there. I used regular white mushrooms didn’t have portabellos in the fridge
Matt a year ago
Nice combination of tastes and texture, could’ve done with something to thicken the sauce but thats probably personal preference.
Cynthia a year ago
It turned out nicely but there was a sourness that I just couldn’t pinpoint. The heat was just right and the creaminess was nice and it is a very balanced meal providing red, green, mushroom and protein from the garbanzo beans. I just wish I could figure out where the sourness came from so I could make adjustments.