- 1 pound firm tofu (package, drained)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 celery stick (finely chopped)
- 2 spring onions (thinly sliced, plus 1 onion extra, to serve)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 3 1/2 ounces mixed mushrooms (chopped, about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 red chili (fresh long, thinly sliced)
- 3 cups jasmine rice (cooked, to serve)
- greens (Stir-fried Asian, to serve)
- Cut tofu into 4 equal squares. Using a small knife, cut a small pocket in the top of each square. Using a small spoon, scoop out tofu curd leaving a 1/3-inch shell; reserve tofu curd.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat. Add celery and onion; sauté for 2 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; sauté for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mushroom; sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add reserved tofu curd and sesame seeds; sauté for 1-2 minutes or until heated. Season. Remove from heat.
- Divide mushroom mixture among tofu shells. Place tofu in a 9-inch (base measurement) round, shallow heatproof dish. Combine stock and soy sauce in a small bowl. Pour into base of dish.
- Place dish in a large steaming basket set over a large saucepan, or wok, of simmering water. Cover basket with foil; steam for 7 minutes or until tofu is heated. Remove saucepan from heat. Carefully remove dish from basket. Top tofu with extra onion and chili. Serve with rice and Asian greens.
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.