This Mushroom and Onion Sandwich is bursting with savory and spicy flavor, and only has 220 calories. If you need a delicious vegetarian meal that only takes 30 minutes to make, then try this tantalizing treasure. Some ingredients include fresh sliced mushrooms, julienned onions, barbecue sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, basil, parsley, chili flakes or cayenne pepper and sliced cheese. Pair this with your favorite side dish for a healthy complete meal.
- 4 rolls (bread)
- 400 grams mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 onions (large, julienned)
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (may substitute cayenne)
- cheese slices
- cooking spray
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion with a little salt and pepper. Stir constantly until the onion begins to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add a little bit more cooking spray to the skillet and saute the mushrooms until golden brown on high heat. Return the onions to the skillet along with the mushrooms.
- Whisk the barbeque sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together. Mix into the mushrooms and onions in the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and chile flakes. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Slice open the rolls and remove a large section of the bread. Fill with the mushroom mixture and a slice of cheese. Broil until the cheese melts.
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.