This Mushroom and Onion Sandwich is bursting with savory and spicy flavor, and only has 220 calories. If you need a delicious vegetarian meal that only takes 30 minutes to make, then try this tantalizing treasure. Some ingredients include fresh slic…
d mushrooms, julienned onions, barbecue sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, basil, parsley, chili flakes or cayenne pepper and sliced cheese. Pair this with your favorite side dish for a healthy complete meal.
- 4 rolls (bread)
- 400 grams mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 onion (large, julienned)
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce (prepared)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes (may substitute cayenne)
- cheese slices
- cooking spray
- Spritz a skillet with cooking spray and saute the onion with a little salt and pepper. Stir constantly until the onion begins to brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add a little bit more cooking spray to the skillet and saute the mushrooms until golden brown on high heat. Return the onions to the skillet along with the mushrooms.
- Whisk the barbeque sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce together. Mix into the mushrooms and onions in the skillet. Add the basil, parsley, and chile flakes. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Slice open the rolls and remove a large section of the bread. Fill with the mushroom mixture and a slice of cheese. Broil until the cheese melts.
|Calories220Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.