- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons curly-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounces green lentils (drained, rinsed)
- 14 ounces spaghetti
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh basil leaves (for garnish)
- Combine mushrooms and stock in a small bowl and set aside 10 mins. Drain, reserving stock, then finely chop mushrooms.
- For the sauce, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan on medium and cook the onion until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and herbs, then add tomatoes and simmer 3 mins. Add chopped mushrooms, lentils and reserved stock. Simmer 10 mins, or until reduced to a thick sauce. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain. To serve, divide pasta between 4 warmed bowls, spoon sauce on top and sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.