This recipe is perfect for those who love all things garlic, yet the flavor isn’t so strong as to be overwhelming. The loaf delivers the smooth, velvety texture of perfectly cooked mushrooms. Plan on spending at least an hour in the kitchen to prepare this taste of Spain as you’ll need to saute and puree the mushrooms. It makes for a great main dish for any occasion.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 shallots (peeled and diced)
- 2 leeks (chopped)
- 12 garlic sprouts (chopped)
- 600 grams mushrooms (cleaned and chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 400 milliliters whipping cream
- 100 grams cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oil to a skillet on medium heat. Add the shallots, leeks, and garlic sprouts. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the sauteed vegetables.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add half of of the cream. Add the remaining vegetables from the skillet.
- Grease a baking pan and line with parchment paper. Add more butter and sprinkle some flour so the loaf will not stick to the pan.
- Pour the loaf mix into the pan. Place this pan inside another larger pan that contains water. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a pan, add the remaining cream, the 3 tablespoons of the sauteed vegetables, and the cheese. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Remove the loaf from the mold, serve slices of the loaf and pour the sauce on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.