An excellent side dish, the rice and fish compliment each other perfectly. Add a sprig of parsley or an orange slice for color. For added variety, use brown rice instead. Makes a perfect companion for soup.
- 1 shallots (peeled and diced)
- 1 garlic cloves (peeled and diced)
- 150 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cuttlefish (small, or squid, sliced)
- short-grain rice
- 160 grams arborio rice
- fish stock
- 1 liter water
- fresh parsley (minced)
- Begin by sauteing together the shallot and garlic. Once transparent in color, add the mushrooms.
- After 5 minutes, add the cuttlefish.
- After 1 minute, add the rice, and stir well so it absorbs all the flavors.
- Add the fish stock little by little constantly stirring so the rice releases all its starch. Recommend placing the simmering stock on the burner right next to the rice to make adding it simpler. The risotto should come out creamy without having to add cream or butter.
- Finish the dish by sprinkling fresh parsley on top.