- 9 ounces pasta flour ('grano duro' or 'hard wheat' sifted with)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (closed cap, thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese (grated)
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 bouillon cube
- 1 egg yolk (for egg wash)
- 2 ounces milk (for egg wash)
- Process the flour, salt, eggs and oil together using a 'bread hook' mixing prong or knead by hand until the mixture forms a soft dough. Divide into 3 pieces if rolling out by hand, or into 6 if using a rolling machine. Roll out on a floured board to the thickness of a coin. Fold into 3 and roll slightly thinner. Repeat, making the dough thinner each time. Remember to keep the remainder of the dough covered whilst rolling the rest.
- Lay the finished sheets of pasta out on to a floured, clean tea towel- don't overlap to avoid danger of sticking together. Sweat the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat for 20 minutes and reserve. Add another 4 tablespoons of oil and cook the mushrooms over low-medium heat adding 1/2 bouillon cube, crumbled fine, until all the liquid has been reduced out of the mushrooms.
- Add the onion/garlic mixture and combine. Process in a food processor for a few quick bursts to pulp the mixture (not too fine). Stir in the pepper, cheese and parsley. Fill the raviolis with about 1 heaping teaspoon for each 3 inch round, without over-filling. Seal the edges of the pasta with egg wash and leave to dry for about an hour.
- Fresh pasta only takes a few minutes to cook: three minutes should be enough for 3 inch diameter ravioli on a gentle rolling boil.
- Serve with melted butter and grated fresh Parmesan cheese or a sauce of your choice.
|Calories590Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.