A butterflied, stuffed and rolled-up pork roast is not only elegant, it cooks more quickly than a standard roast. You’ll get a standing ovation—or at least sincere thanks—for making this special roast.
- 2 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (crushed)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 1/3 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- For filling, in saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in butter over medium-low heat until tender and liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in leamon juice, rosemary, egg yolk, Romano and walnuts; set aside. Butterfly pork loin by cutting through roast horizontally to within 1/4-inch of the other side. Do not cut all the way through. Open out and pound to roughly a 6x8-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly on meat rectangle. Roll up lengthwise; tie with kitchen string at 1-2 inch intervals to secure.
- Place roast in shallow pan and rost in a 350 degree F. oven for 20-40 minutes (20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes. Slice to serve, removing string.
bob 18 days ago
not too bad added cheese and bacon