Mushroom lovers will drool over these tasty pork burgers. They look extra special but they're easy to prepare. Serve on buns with sliced tomatoes and feta cheese, Crispy Half-Baked Potatoes, and steamed green beans.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork (lean)
- 3/4 cup mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dijon (style mustard)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- In medium skillet, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender, about 2 minutes. Combine ground pork, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into 12 patties, about 4 inches in diameter, set aside. Spoon equal portions of mushroom mixture onto center of 6 pork patties. Spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with the remaining 6 patties; seal edges.
- Place patties on grill about 6 inches over medium-hot coals. Grill 10-15 minutes, turning once, until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Serve on buns, if desired. Serves 6.