- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (FRESHLY GROUND)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (OPTIONAL)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter (OR MARGARINE)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 tablespoon rosemary
- The Mushrooms should finely chopped. The chicken breasts should be boned and skinless, halved (8 pieces) and pounded flat. Seasoned bread crumbs may also be used.
- Preheat the oven to 350 f. Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet.
- Add the mushrooms (finely chopped), salt and pepper and cook, stiring often until the mushrooms turn very dark and absorb all the butter. Remove from the heat. Add the Italian seasoning to the bread crumbs. Stir in 3/4 cup of the bread crumbs and the nutmeg.
- Divide the mushroom stuffing into 8 portions and place a portion of the stuffing in the center of each piece of chicken. Roll the chicken around the stuffing and place, seam side down, in a buttered shallow casserole/ baking dish. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush over the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining 3/4 cup of bread crumbs until all the pieces are covered. Mix the sour cream with the heated chicken broth and pour over the chicken. Bake for 45-60
- Also, try a cup of broccoli flowerlets and/or walnuts, finely chopped, added to the mushroom and breadcrumb mixture.
|Calories580Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.