The wonderful part about Mushroom Small Sandwiches with Monkfish, Prawns and Mussels Veloute is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Mushroom Small Sandwiches with Monkfish, Prawns and Mussels Veloute is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 10 mushrooms
- 20 prawns (can be frozen)
- 10 mussels
- 1 shallots
- 1/2 head monkfish
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 anchovies
- 1 tablespoon flour
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 asparagus tips (to garnish)
- Begin by developing a fish broth with half a head of rape, the head of shrimps and mussels.
- Boil the monkfish and prawns heads covered by water with the shallot and a bay leaf for half an hour.
- Take the monkfish head out, put it aside and add the mussels to the same water.
- Let them open and take them out.
- The strained broth will be used for the veloute.
- Can use the rest of it for a soup or as a base for a rice dish or noodle paella.
- Pull out the meat from the fish head and the mussels from the shells.
- Put them aside and dice the shallot.
- Add the peeled prawns tails and the monkfish flesh.
- Shred the anchovies that will add a touch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of flour and stir to incorporate.
- Gradually add broth to make a smooth paste.
- Add the mussels and remove them from heat.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the foot.
- In a frying pan, saute them until they are well done.
- Remove them and fill it with the veloute.
- Saute the asparagus tips and use them to garnish.