Mushroom Rice for Lunch - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
What to have for a weekday lunch is often the biggest conundrum for home cooks, whether they are eating at home or taking it to the office. Here's one simple solution: Use your Thermomix to make an easy rice dish, with mushrooms, tomato, cabbage, and thyme for flavorings along with the essential onion, garlic, and olive oil. It can be served right away or allowed to cool and stored in the refrigerator if making ahead; simply reheat in a microwave to serve.
- 400 grams sliced mushrooms (frozen)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50 grams olive oil
- 60 grams tomato pulp
- thyme (to taste)
- 500 grams water
- 200 grams rice
- 1/2 pointed cabbage (small, thinly sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Thaw the mushrooms at room temperature or rinse with tepid water in a colander.
- 2Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- 3Add the onion and garlic to the Thermomix cup and mince for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- 4Scrap the sides of the cup with a spatula and add the oil.
- 5Set to 5 minutes/212°F/speed 1.
- 6Add the tomato pulp, mushrooms and thyme to taste. Set to 5 minutes/212°F/speed reverse blade.
- 7Add 500 grams water and salt. Set to 10 minutes/100°C/speed reverse blade.
- 8Place the butterfly on the mixing knife and add the rice and cabbage. Set to 15 minutes/212°F/speed reverse blade.
- 9Serve immediately on individual plates or in a serving bowl.