- 1 1/2 pounds cremini (or button, baby bella mushrooms, or a mix of both, stemmed and left whole or quartered, depending on size)
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (reconstituted and drained, optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped, plus more for garnishing)
- 1 red bell pepper (cored, seeded, and julienned)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 red onion (medium, julienned, about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (depending on desired smokiness)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (drained and quartered)
- 2 cups arborio rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads (optional)
- 2 lemons (halved, for spritzing)
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Eva 18 Jun
Yummy!!! I will definitely make again! I had to use dried porcini as you cannot easily find fresh ones where i live. I soaked them in hot water and used that water in the food combining it with the broth. Delicious! :)
Una McCann 8 May
great would make again
Owen White 24 Apr
Family favorite from the first night! Substituted turmeric for the saffron and sushi rice in the recipe. It's an enjoyable slow cooking process of you prep everything before and can just drop it in. Happy Cooking!
Amee Corning 24 Apr
Loved the texture of the mushrooms, well worth the work. I increased the garlic and smoked paprika
Christine 3 Mar
It was ok, I expected to like it more than I actually did. I think it needed more seasoning
Pidge S 9 Nov 2017
👌🏻 it was good. Didn’t modify
Veronika 6 Nov 2017
Pretty good. Bit time consuming but nice hearty meal.
Moore 8 Oct 2017
Really tasty and flavorful! Used prepackaged Vigo Yellow Rice that already had a saffron flavor. Highly recommend!
Amy 18 Sep 2017
make it with turmeric and the least expensive mushrooms you can get - the other flavors take over so much that the expense isnt worth it.
Grudén 13 Sep 2017
I used wholemeal basmati rice instead and it turned out great! I'd say this recipe is very forgiving, feel free to substitute any vegteble or spice you don't like and it will still taste amazing.
Sinead Mac Aodha 9 Sep 2017
Was really delicious!!! I added 1 tbs of Cayenne pepper for an extra kick.
Kat P. 4 Sep 2017
I would add the salt when you add the rice.
🦇 2 Sep 2017
We used a semi-dried parsley, no saffron, and kind of eyeballed some of the measurements but its very good!! Tastes great with the lemon!!!
Rick 23 Aug 2017
Absolutely fabulous! This will become a staple in our family!!!
Celeste 19 Jul 2017
It took about 20 minutes for the rice to cook but it was worth it. very delicious and flavoursome, i followed the recepie accordingly and it turned out perfectly.
Jennifer B. 19 Jul 2017
I only taste tested since I made it for a dinner later this week. I agree with the other reviews that it was a little bland but added salt, braggs liquid amino, balsamic vinaigrette, and some additional spices and I think the flavor turned out really yummy. Will definitely make it again.
Michele Sessoms 16 Jul 2017
Great flavor, however it does take lots of steps and time.
Tanner Selby 15 Jul 2017
Not good, I decreased the portion so idk if that affected anything adversely.
Cores 26 Jun 2017
Fantastic! I sliced big oyster mushrooms instead and it turned out delicious.
Azila Shafie 21 May 2017
Its easy and very satisfyingly delicious
Lisa 25 Apr 2017
Really yummy. Easy to make. Fresh and healthy. I halved the recipe and it feed two easily (plus two children who don't way anything)
Nicole G. 4 Dec 2016
Amazing! So much flavour, could eat this once a week! Super easy too I would make it again. Love that it's vegan