This lasagna is great for anyone who loves the idea of the dish but isn't a fan of the traditional tomato based version. In this recipe, thin sheets of pasta are layered with crimini mushrooms and a bachamel sauce made out of bold gorgonzola cheese. The earthy and mild flavor of the mushrooms works in perfect harmony with the rich gorgonzola sauce. Oregano and cumin help to round the dish out, while shallots and green bell pepper add texture and substance to it.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- dried oregano
- ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 liter milk
- 100 grams gorgonzola cheese
- ground nutmeg
- 9 pasta sheets
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oil to a skillet on low heat. Add the shallot, bell pepper, and garlic and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Add a pinch each of oregano, cumin, and salt to taste.
- Add the butter to a saucepan to melt on medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Add the milk slowly and whisk until it becomes smooth. Add enough milk to create a thin sauce.
- Add the gorgonzola cheese and stir well. Remove from heat and set aside,
- Add a thin layer of the sauce to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Then a layer of lasagna noodles, and then layer of the mushroom mixture.
- Repeat until you finish with a layer of noodles on top. Finish by topping the noodles with sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes. With 2 minutes to go, switch to broil to brown the top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1750Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.